reMarkable is a Norwegian technology company that develops products and services to help people think better in a distracted world. In a short amount of time, we’ve grown from a small startup to having over 250 employees and two fantastic office locations in central Oslo. Following the successful launch of our second-generation paper tablet, which has been named as one of TIME's "100 Best Innovations of 2020", we’re facing new challenges and opportunities as we expand into the global arena. That’s why we’re currently looking for a Software Test Developer who will enable us to deliver excellent user experiences. Are you ready to join the exciting growth of a truly unique technology company?
About the role
At reMarkable you will work in cross functional teams and develop automated tests for our reMarkable tablet, mobile, web and desktop applications. We are involved with different quality assurance activities throughout the software lifecycle, and we work closely with developers and UX designers to develop high quality solutions.
As a Software Test Developer you will be a key contributor towards solutions enabling us to deliver great quality and excellent user experiences.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and implement test automation for our reMarkable tablet applications, as well as its companion desktop and mobile applications.
- Work in cross functional teams with automation and development to ensure high quality.
- Be an active contributor to the quality culture at reMarkable and continuous development of our subject area.
- Actively define, own and implement initiatives as needed on tribe and team level. Be a quality advocate towards the other team members.
- Manage and develop our test automation framework and make continuous improvements to how we design tests.
Who are you?
- You have experience with software development and Python or object oriented programming.
- You have experience setting up and implementing a test automation framework.
- You are proactive, analytical and quality minded and have worked with automation and want to continue to develop yourself and others.
- You want to share your knowledge and build a strong area of expertise.
- You like to work in cross functional teams with design, UX, QA, developers.
- You are passionate about user interfaces and user experience.
It is an advantage if you have experience with
- QML, C++ or Qt,
- end-to-end automation frameworks,
- behavior Driven Development and Gherkin,
- configuration and implementation of Continuous Integration systems,
- GIT and version control, and
- project tracking systems like Jira.
What do we offer?
- Highly competitive salary and pension plan
- A new Macbook/PC, reMarkable 2, your choice of mobile phone, and paid home Wi-Fi
- Five weeks vacation + 5 reMarkable days to use as you wish
- Premium health insurance (incl. physiotherapy and private medical consultations)
- Access to our employee share incentive scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Rewarding and challenging tasks on a wide range of projects
- Regular team events, parties, and off-site retreats
- A shared Headspace account for your mental well-being
- Career development opportunities as a leader or subject specialist
- Centrally-located modern offices in Grünerløkka, Oslo
- A unique opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest-growing tech scaleups in Norway
At reMarkable, we offer the opportunity to contribute towards building a global tech company. You'll join a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and be involved in every step of creating a product that's used and valued by hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe.
Besides robust career development and growth opportunities, we offer a workplace where everyone can influence the company's direction, story, and success. We're a committed and highly motivated team with a lot of love for what we do and the people that we work with.
Through collaboration, we create a generous, respectful, and supportive environment where people take the extra steps needed to help each other succeed as well as exceed expectations.