Do you want to make products that help people think better?
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company that develops products and services to help people think better in a distracted world. In a short amount of time, we’ve grown from a small startup to having over 200 permanent employees and two fantastic offices in central Oslo. Following the successful launch of our second-generation paper tablet, which has been named as one of TIME's "100 Best Innovations of 2020", we’re facing new challenges and opportunities as we expand into the global arena. That’s why we’re currently looking for Embedded Test Engineers to help us develop and improve both new and current products for the worldwide market. Are you ready to join the exciting growth of a truly unique tech brand?
About the role
As an Embedded Test Engineer at reMarkable you will be part of the unit responsible for developing and maintaining low-level software for our current and future products. You will be working closely together with other domain experts in a cross-functional team, with responsibility of executing and improving our test procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met. This includes, but is not limited to, working with automated test systems, writing test descriptions in a requirement and test management system, implementing test procedures and executing test cases on real hardware used in our products.
Further tasks and responsibilities
- Work with manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, internal and external hardware developers and other software engineers.
- Testing, automation and validation of electronics and software components in reMarkable products, ensuring that they meet requirements defined by reMarkable, industry standards and certifications.
- Verify the quality of our custom Embedded Linux distribution Codex, deployed to our customers over-the-air with an natural cadence.
- Configuring test environments for specialized tests and help our engineers design for testing at an early stage.
- Maintain and develop test jigs for testing software on real hardware to catch bugs and measure performance of critical components within our products.
- Help design and implement test automation to reduce the cost of executing tests and minimize repetitive workloads that are prone to human error.
- Contributing to knowledge sharing across teams and units within the technology department
Who are you?
- Master or Bachelor’s degree from a university or college.
- At least 2 years work experience with embedded systems and products.
- Very good knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Experience with bare-metal, RTOS, Linux or other operating systems.
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins or GitLab CI.
- Being familiar with C/C++ or Rust is a plus.
- Being familiar with Yocto/OpenEmbedded or Buildroot is a plus.
- Being familiar with Atlassian products such as Jira, Confluence and RTM is a plus.
- Being familiar with test automation tools and systems is a plus.
What do we offer?
Highly competitive salary and pension plan
A new Macbook/PC, reMarkable 2, your choice of mobile phone, and paid home Wi-Fi
Five weeks vacation + 5 reMarkable days to use as you wish
Premium health insurance (incl. physiotherapy and private medical consultations)
Access to our employee share incentive scheme
Flexible working hours
Rewarding and challenging tasks on a wide range of projects
Regular team events, parties, and off-site retreats
A shared Headspace account for your mental well-being
Career development opportunities as a leader or subject specialist
Centrally-located modern offices in Grünerløkka, Oslo
A unique opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest-growing tech scaleups in Norway
At reMarkable, we offer the opportunity to contribute towards building a global tech company. You'll join a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and be involved in every step of creating a product that's used and valued by hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe.
Besides robust career development and growth opportunities, we offer a workplace where everyone can influence the company's direction, story, and success. We're a committed and highly motivated team with a lot of love for what we do and the people that we work with.
Through collaboration, we create a generous, respectful, and supportive environment where people take the extra steps needed to help each other succeed as well as exceed expectations. _